I think I have writer's block. Either that, or I am running out of things to say. Original thoughts on life, recovery, or anything important. Stuff like that. I go back and read my early blog entries and they just seem more interesting.
Hmmm, for lack of better subject material, I think I will just share the highlights of my day.
So far today I ....
1. Fed my children Fruit Loops and Apple Jacks for breakfast. I am not participating in the "War on Obesity".
2. Took Emma's snowpants and boots to her school this morning, as she left them behind.
3. Went to therapy. Third session this week. It was pretty good.
4. Tried (and failed) to find a "free panty" at Victoria's Secret in size medium. Actually, I did eventually find an ugly gray pair, but Annie started jumping up and down and telling me she had to go potty "real bad" so I just threw the panties back on the display and hurried off. Was too tired to come back and buy them.
5. Had several million Diet Cokes.
6. Took my kids to the library where, as usual, I got waaay to many books. Like, so many that I couldn't carry the bookbag. Emma took one handle and I took the other.
7. Struggled with BAD body image all day. I feel like something that should be shot and made into salami.
8. Started reading a good book.
9. Made a lovely chicken dinner for my family.
10. Went to Hy-Vee to pick up my prescriptions. Coached myself verbally (out loud) to go to the door marked PHARMACY and not the door marked LIQUOR. Was successful, but appeared crazy talking to myself in the parking lot.
11. Made several impulse buys of Easter candy (cadburry mini eggs, Brachs jelly beans, tootsie pops for Chris).
12. Came home and put on my pajamas.
I know, I know, thrilling. But wait, there's more!
I am off to put Annie to bed and give myself an enema (totally necessarry).
Then I will eat candy and read while Emma watches E.T..
That's all, folks.
No Work Today
1 day ago