Tuesday, June 23, 2009

pinkeye rocks!

When I woke up this morning my left eye was crusted shut. EEEWWW! Yesterday it was all red and itchy. So, instead of going to my friend Amanda's house for a playdate, I dropped Annie off there and headed for the doctors office. Diagnosis: pinkeye! Whaaaat? I thought only kids are supposed to get pinkeye! Apparently not.

So here I am at home giving myself eyedrops and bored to tears. It is so hot and humid; too hot to go outside. What to do.......

I downloaded some music from itunes and before i knew it Annie and I were dancing around the living room. She even went and put on one of her "ballgowns"- fancy lady!

These are pictures of Annie dancing to "Out on the Street" by Bruce Springsteen. It's the song that Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle were playing the drums to in "Reign Over Me", if you know that movie. It seriously rocks!

I love Annie so much; she is so sweet and cute and good. I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with her and not miss out on this precious time in her life. Sometimes i wish she could stay little forever.
Well, on to the rest of my day. I'm sure it will consist of total social isolation, since i am contagious. Come to think about it, that wouldn't make it much different than any other day :) !


Thought for the day: Always make time for random fun!

4 comments:

Keely said...

ha ha! Sorry about the pink eye. How do you get that? Anyway, Annie is sooooo cute!!!! I cannot believe how big she is! When ever I think of her, it was when she was in the baby carrier we were always lugging around! Now she's a dancing little lady! It just amazes me.

Keely said...

Alrighty. So pink eye is an infection or inflammation of the conjunctiva (the thin clear membrame that covers the white of your eyes). It can be bacterial, viral, or in response to allergies.

Don't share pillows, towels, or eye makeup with anyone or they will know who they got it from. :)

now.is.now said...

Aw, what a sweet post! You are such a caring mommy. I love your thought of the day about making time for random fun. I'm going to try to incorporate more of that into my days too.

Sorry about the pink eye. How long does it take to go away? Does it hurt?

lisalisa said...

it doesn't really hurt- just itches a litle. But it sux cause I am contagious until tommorow so I cant really hang out with anybody or go to playgroup today (well i couldn't go anyeay cause my car is in the shop). And, I cant wear any eye makeup and I look, well, homely without it. Sigh.