Sunday, July 5, 2009

just a fun day!

Today was the BEST DAY EVER! First of all, Emma came home! Hooray!
Then we went to Fontaina park. It is A nice little park with a live wildlife exhibit (including bears!) and a learning center. Above is Emma at a display in the learning center. Below is a picture of a live snake that I spotted hiding out in the buffalo's beard. How crazy is that?

After checking out the animals, bolth stuffed and live, we threw rocks in the water for awhile and just mucked around.


Here is a crawdad I caught. The girls were very impressed!


Then we built a fire and roasted hotdogs and marshmallows and made smores. I burnt my finger, but other than that it was tons of fun.



Oh, and bolth of my girls were zapped by the electric fence at the deer and buffalo exhibit. It was a little traumatic. But they recovered quickly.
I am so exhausted, but it was totally worth it! Today was a perfect day!




4 comments:

PTC said...

So glad you had a great day. Never heard of a crawdad before. We don't have those here!!

K said...

I'm soooooooo glad that Emma is home!!!!

now.is.now said...

So happy that you had such a great day!

Zena said...

SO glad I joined the world of bloggers again to find out that EMMA is HOME!!!! yeah...and that you had a great day..you always find such great things to do...ewwwie on the snake...funny story ( if you know my H) he is deathy afraid of reptiles and bugs, well while we were camping he was collecting wood and what craweled out of its skin yep a snake....guess thats where teh expression crawling out of your skin comes from...lol...

Love, Z